The history of herbal tea goes way back to ancient Chinese culture and Egyptian Civilization when it was used as a tonic given to patients to restore their health and strength. Prepared with dried herbs, mixed spices and sometimes withered fruits, and with the years of anecdotal evidence on the multitude of uses, these herbal teas have had us hooked for centuries.
Different parts of the plant can be utilized for making herbal teas such as leaves, flowers and roots. Herbal tea is a natural way to sip on the finest fruitful drinks, either hot or cold depending on your choice and while absorbing its herbal powers.
Drinking a cup of herbal tea every day can prove to be eminently helpful especially for us women when we need some extra TLC when it’s that time of the month or winter’s just been dragging on to long.
Benefits of Herbal Tea’s:
- Supports clearing nose and throat air passageways caused by common cold and flu symptoms.
- Soothes the throat.
- Enhances digestion and eases constipation while
- Reducing symptoms of nausea.
- Providing feelings of calmness and relaxation
Our favourite herbal tea’s for women:
- Peppermint Tea
The minty freshness that you’ll feel after drinking peppermint tea will be enough to make it an everyday routine. My grandma use to always give me a cup of fresh peppermint tea after a heavy meal claiming it would calm my stomach and ease digestion.
- Ginger Tea
An excellent herbal tea option for women who often complain about the painful time of the month. Ginger is filled with antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which may help ease cramps. Ginger is also known to help ease nausea.
- Lemon Balm Tea Lemon, as you’d already know, has a lot of vitamin C that has heaving benefits on the skin and immunity. With less than 25 calories a cup of lemon tea may help flush out all those toxins, clear out the liver, support your weight goals and boost your immunity.
- CBD Infused Tea
The ideal blend of caffeine-free herbal tea infused with chunky wild berries and other more than 60% of real fruits. With the extra kick of CBD this herbal tea is one full cup of wholesome goodness. Try https://www.thehuggshop.co.uk/product/cbd-infused-fruit-tea/.
- Dill Seed Tea
Also known as ‘fennel’ tea. This licorice tasting tea is thought to promote healthy digestion by easing gas and bloating. Fennel has also been shown to be loaded with polyphenol antioxidants.
- Green Tea
Probably the most popular and well known tea out there. Filled with antioxidant rich polyphenols this tea has been part of a number of studies to learn more on its potential benefits to our mind and body.
- Chamomile Tea And how can we end without mentioning the best of all the herbal teas, chamomile tea! It is known popularly for its mind soothing and calming effects. Best suitable for women who need a bit of extra help winding down in the evening before bed. Drink this herbal tea before bed.